Aloha beach bums! Looking for a fun and flexible place to work? We have multiple positions open at a small family owned business for Kayak Tour Guides, Van Drivers, and an Office Assistant in the beautiful town of Kailua.
Tour Guide Positions (around 25-35 hours per week):
- Ready to spend your days having an amazing time on the water with an awesome company? We have an opportunity for you to spend your work day doing what you love, paddling, snorkeling, and showing guests around the offshore islands while entertaining customers and spreading the aloha spirit!
- Responsibilities include helping clients learn to kayak, safely leading them on a fun day of kayaking, snorkeling and exploring our area.
- You must be able-bodied and have an outgoing personality to entertain guests.
- We will train you in the guiding skills if necessary. Lifeguard, CPR and First aid Certification is an advantage, but not required to start training.
Van Driver Positions (around 20-25 hours per week):
- Outgoing personality is a must as we want our customers to arrive excited for their day on the water!
- Responsibilities include picking up and returning customers to Waikiki hotels in the morning and afternoon as well as to and from the beach from the store at the beginning and end of the day. A typical day would include arriving to work at 6:45 to pick customers up from Waikiki, taking a break while the tours are out on the water, and returning to the shop around 1:30 to drive customers back to Waikiki. Your day would end around 5 pm.
- Furthermore we expect you to do some cleaning and maintenance work around the store as needed.
- Experience driving passenger vans or vehicles of similar size is helpful.
- Valid driver’s license and at least 5 years of driving experience and clean driving abstract for at least 3 years required.
Prefer to stay indoors? No problem! We have an open position for an Office Assistant at our shop! Enjoy spending your work days as part of a cohesive team that loves offering awesome customer service!
Office Assistant (35-40 hours per week):
- Responsibilities include opening and closing the shop, retail ops, managing reservations for tours and rentals, leading and being responsible for your co-workers, administrative duties, maintaining and improving shop appearance etc.
- You must have some experience in customer service and/or retail. Knowledge of kayaking and surrounding areas a plus.
- You should work at least 4 days per week including at least one day each weekend.
Benefits for all job offers include free use of kayaks and stand-up boards and flexibility in your work schedule. Please send resume to our email ([email protected]) of your work history which position you’re applying for. Knowledge of area and Hawaiian history would be helpful.
E malama pono